Lily's first night with us went really well. We took her to dinner in the hotel, came back and gave her a bath (which she loved) and prepard her for bed. She went to sleep while we patted her back, and slept peacefully until about 2:30am. She woke up crying, so I picked her up and just held her. She relaxed right away, and after about 5 minutes, I laid her back down and she slept until 7am.
A few things we have learned about Lily: she loves her bottle. I don't see her giving it up anytime soon, which is fine by us. She loves cheerios, crackers and sweet bread. She likes to mimic us. She will wave when we wave, and if we are eating, she will smack her lips together, letting us know that she would like some too. She has a silly side to her that we are starting to see. She will often smile big and giggle at us. From what we can tell, she is a really happy baby.
This afternoon, we are going to a shopping Center to buy baby supplies. We do need more formula and a few other things. Our guides are so helpful to everyone in the group.
Lily does have a bit of a cold, but it doesn't seem to be bothering her. We did have the hotel doctor listen to her chest, but she said her lungs are clear and that she just has some congestion.
Here are a few pictures from this morning. It has gotten really cold here, so Lily is bundled up. The registration office has no heat. Sorry this post is rushed...I will post more later.
Mike and I feel so blessed that this little angel is our daughter.





I am so happy for you. There are tears in my eyes!! I am Jean's friend, Karen.
ReplyDeleteThat beautiful smile is infectious! Again, so happy for your family. Lily reminds me so much of our Grace with her transition in China. You can tell Lily was very loved.
ReplyDeleteKeep those pics coming, can't get enough of them!
xoxo
I am so full of joy, thankfulness and praise for you! Your bridge is complete Ashley and the beauty of it is amazing. Everytime I look at your pictures I get teary with joy. It has been and continues to be and honor and blessing to call you friend and follow you on this blessed journey. Much Love to all of you! Jean
ReplyDeletePlease give Lily Fan a hug from me.
Congratulations! She is so beautiful and looks happy!
ReplyDeleteIncredible pictures. I love the bow.
ReplyDeleteAll praise and glory be to God! She is precious...Congratulations,
ReplyDeleteJan Ahern, et.al.