It was an exciting day that once again began at 3am. We just cannot seem to sleep any later then that. It was cold and raining in Beijing this morning, and both Mike and I felt very ready to leave for this part of our trip. This morning at breakfast, all of us families were talking babies!
We boarded our flight for Zhengzhou City at 10am. To say that we were excited would be a major understatement. As the plane took off, my thoughts were of Lily, and how long we have traveled to get to her. We are so close!
Our guides had a few surprises for us. Yisha informed all of us that instead of tomorrow afternoon, we would in fact be receiving our babies at 9:30 tomorrow morning! She also had updated information on all of the babies, and here are a few things that we learned about Lily.
She is eating some table food, like porridge, rice and noodles. She is still on formula. She prefers her beverages to be flavored. She takes a 2 hour nap everyday. She sleeps through the night. She loves to take a bath. She is lively and gets along with others. If she cries, holding her and patting her will settle her down. Cakes and sweets make her happy. She is afraid to stay in a room by herself. She is starting to learn to walk if an adult holds her hands. She likes little animals such as little cats and dogs.
These were direct quotes from her caretakers. Are you in love yet? We are!
We did learn something that surprised me. A few weeks ago, she was moved from her orphanage to a foster home. Honestly, I am not exactly sure why, or what to think of that. One of our guides thought that it was done to better prepare her for leaving. It makes me sad for her, it seems a lot of loss for a little one to process in such a short time. Please keep Lily in your prayers tonight, as she for the last time, falls asleep without her forever family. We think that we are prepared for anything, and tomorrow cannot come soon enough. I so badly want to love on my sweet baby girl.
We will try to sleep tonight, and if I do manage to, my dreams will surely be filled with what is about to happen. Tomorrow, we will be holding our baby girl.





There are no words for what I am feeling for you and Mike. Like you, I anxiously await the picture of Lily in both your arms. I'm glad she had a foster family these past few weeks for she now knows, I'm sure, how close she is to never ever feeling lost again.
ReplyDeleteHugs and Kisses from Aunt Drew and Uncle Jimmy.
Sooooo excited for you my friend..
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your baby girl in your arms..
Hugz..
Ashley, You are almost there now, I'm teary thinking about it. Cannot wait to see her in your arms tomorrow. What a wonderful little girl she is! Praying for all of you!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Gail
We are all so excited for you and Mike and Lily! Although you are half way around the world, it feels like you are very close. Thank you so much for sharing your joy with us. Your happiness is contagious.
ReplyDeleteLove - Karen
My clocks are set on China time and I am eating noodles and rice.. At 9:30PM US time tonight I will send a special prayer, it will be your first meeting with beautiful little Lily Fan your daughter. I wish you joy, peace and happiness always..Holding you in the light Love, Dade
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Ash and Mike.. you will have Lily by now.. i cannot wait to read and see your next blog because you will have your daughter!!! Thank you for sharing this us! Just love her!!
ReplyDelete