We missed our connection from Hong Kong to Beijing. It was a tight connection to begin with, and we were delayed leaving San Francisco. We did make up time in-flight, so I thought we might make it, but we did not. The flight itself was good. They feed us constantly, and Mike and I watched a few movies (Robin Hood was good!) I also watched 4 episodes of Glee. It was a long 14.5 hours, but we survived. Because we missed our flight to Beijing, Cathay Pacific put us up at the Hong Kong Regal Airport Hotel. We had a nice dinner there last night. We fly to Beijing at 8am this morning to meet up with our travel group. (It is currently 4am on Friday morning). Both Mike and I are wide awake. We slept a little bit on the plane, and we got a few hours last night after checking into the hotel. We left home about 34 hours ago, so we've been at this for awhile now. It's funny, I think I should be tired, but I don't really feel tired.
At the airport, we had been hearing a lot of announcements about the typhoon. They are saying it will hit Hong Kong by this weekend. As I look out the window, the palm trees are moving, but it doesn't look too bad. We are really ready to get going. After 4 years of waiting, I do not need a typhoon to delay us!
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are doing well. I will update from Beijing!
Peter and Will, we miss you both! love you!
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Hi Ash and Mike: Well the good news is that you got a chance to stretch those cramped legs after 14.5 hours and enjoyed a great meal in Hong Kong. And I know a typhoon or anything else wouldn't keep you from your destiny with Lily. I texted Will and Peter last night and we had a fun technology conversation. All is well. Have a safe flight to Beijing and I can't wait for you to skype me. Hugs, kisses and blessings from Austin. Love you both, Drew
ReplyDelete