We received our final travel packet (30 pages!) so we now know our in-China itinerary. Here is the condensed version:
10/20 - 8:20am leave US for Beijing.
10/21 - 11:30pm arrive Beijing. (we have a short layover in Hong Kong)
10/22 - tour Beijing. Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Hutong Tour, acrobatics show.
10/23 - tour Beijing. Great Wall and Ming Tombs.
10/24 - depart Beijing for Zhengzhou City, Henan Provence (this is where Lily is!)
10/25 - LILY DAY!!! She will be brought to us by the orphanage officer. We will meet her for the first time in the afternoon, at the adoption registration office. (just typing this leaves me breathless!)
10/26 - paperwork day - we will return to the registration office to complete the adoption paperwork. Lily will officially become our daughter!
10/27 - free day, while we wait for for Lily's passport.
10/28 - free day - we are hoping to visit Lily's orphanage on this day.
10/29 - we will receive Lily's passport in the morning and that afternoon we will fly to Guangzhou. We will check into the White Swan hotel.
10/30 - Lily will have her medical examination, and have her visa photo taken. Time to shop and relax.
10/31 - paperwork day - we will meet with our agency representatives to prepare for our Consulate appointment. more shopping and relaxing.
11/1 - Consulate Appointment
11/2 - free morning and that afternoon go to the US Consulate to take the Oath. (No cameras allowed)
11/3 - we will receive Lily's visa so we can bring her home! That evening we will depart Guangzhou and fly to Hong Kong.
11/4 - depart Hong Kong and make the long journey home. When we touch down on US soil, Lily will become a US citizen.
We have waited 4 years for this....to see it laid out in front of me is so intense. We are SO READY to GO!
I will close with a quote, sent to me by a very dear friend.
"All children come from God, for some the journey home just takes a little longer."
----unknown
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





It's been quite a long time since I've posted or checked others - but I found out you were so close to getting your little dream "Congratulations!" I will be checking in now that I know you have an adventure ahead of you. God bless.
ReplyDeleteHi Ashley,
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is absolutely beautiful.... oh my goodness! You must be so excited to get over there and hold her in your arms.
I just read through your itinerary and believe it or not, I fly out of Guangzhou the morning of the 29th. We are going to miss each other by hours....... I am so bummed. Gail has spoken so highly of you and I was looking forward to meeting you while in China.
I am going to add your blog so I can follow along. I hope you are going to post while in China:) Please stay in touch.
Best wishes to you as you finish this amazing journey.
xoxo,
Lisa