Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Healthy baby!

Last Tuesday, Lily had her first visit with her pediatrician. The appointment went very well! Developmentally, she is right on track, maybe there just being a few things we need to practice, but nothing lots of TLC, one on one attention and good nutrition won't take care of. I mentioned that she is a peanut. She is slightly longer then she is in weight, according to the charts. She is just one pound short of making the chart for weight, and she made it onto the very bottom of the chart for length and head circumference. Mike laughs when I talk about these charts. He says she is perfect just the way she is (and I do agree!) We continue to introduce new foods to her, and she is slowly coming around to the new tastes and textures. We have successfully switched her to a Toddler Next Step formula, which she now loves (saying good-bye to her Chinese formula was a little hard for her). Her doctor is in no hurry to get her off of the bottle, neither am I, and I am so happy that we are in agreement on that.There is nothing better then snuggling her in my arms, while she peacefully drinks her bottle. She will play with my hair and stare into my eyes. Those times are heavenly!

She fully charmed the doctor with her smiles and giggles, her waving and clapping, her banging blocks together and tearing the tissue paper to shreds. She can now blow kisses, too.

She was having so much fun.....until the nurse entered with the dreaded needles.

Lily received 4 vaccines that day, and heal prick and a TB test. If that wasn't enough, they had to draw blood for testing. Seven vials worth! It was awful. She was terrified and crying. I was crying. My mom was crying. My little pumpkin was so brave, and within minutes of being in my arms, settled down and gave ME a pat and a smile. It is not possible to love this baby girl any more then I do.

We got wonderful news from the test results. Every single test that they ran (and they ran over 30 tests) came back normal. Every single one. Lily is a healthy and thriving baby girl. We could not be more thankful.

Lily wants to walk so badly! She is getting oh so close to this milestone. We practice a lot with her and she is almost ready to let go and take off. She is blossoming right before our eyes and it is such a joy to see.

off to see the doctor, but first a hug from big brother.

charming the nurse.

did this baby really just have all of those shots?

I love her thoughtful expression. She does this often.

thinking about taking those first steps. (sorry, don't know why this photo flipped)

2 comments:

  1. Toooo CUTE..
    Love it..
    Lily is soooo BEAUTIFUL.
    Have a great weekend..
    Hugz..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL news Ashley! So very happy Lily is healthy and clearly very happy with her new family. :)

    ReplyDelete