On Saturday, October 25, we celebrated 3 years home with miss Lily Fan. This was the first time she seemed to understand what the day represented. We kept it low key with a cake, candles and a few little gifts. She seemed really excited with the little celebration. Her grandma Bunny was in town and Peter was home for the weekend. She was so cute with him. We went to lunch and did some shopping. She held his hand and enjoyed the attention from him. At one point she said, "one brother is home. I need my other brothers too". She is so yummy, like warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream!! Every time I drop her off at preschool, she asks for kisses. We are up to twenty six kisses. If she asked for a million, I'd count out every kiss and give them to her. I have started calling her my little cake pop. She loves the pink and yellow cake pops from my favorite coffee spot. I don't even have to place our order, they see us coming and just know :)
We've had beautiful fall weather, so she has enjoyed going to the park with friends, a preschool field trip to a pumpkin patch, raking leaves with her daddy, and a full month with her grandma DeeDee visiting from Texas. Next week is fall break so it will be nice to have some downtime and no schedule. November is a big month....a wedding in North Carolina (she's the flower girl, and she tells me that she is going to walk slowly down the aisle, gently throw petals and smile), a trip to Disney, and Woo and Pete home for a week over Thanksgiving. We have much to be thankful for!
The other night Lily was sleeping snuggled up to her daddy. Mike said, "I don't need anything but her. Not even oxygen". Lily Fan, you are so loved and so treasured. You are beautiful and smart and sassy and kind and adored beyond anything! I thank God everyday for you and for getting to love you forever!
Happy fall!!!
Does it get any cuter than that! Happy Halloween!
ReplyDelete