Monday, August 6, 2012

Vacation pictures!!

We've been home from our East Coast vacation for 2 weeks and I am just now getting around to pictures! Summer has been so fun and so busy. Shortly after returning from Maine, we left on an unexpected trip to Vail for a long weekend. I have so many pictures to post. Over the next few days, I am going to do several vacation posts. I print my blog out every year, so I need to get this done!

School starts in just 2 weeks! It is hard to believe that Will and Peter will be seniors! Soon, it will be time to start thinking about college applications. I don't even want to think about them leaving home next year. Lily has loved having her brothers home this summer. They have jobs and they are busy with friends and girlfriends, but she has gotten so attached to them. They are so sweet with her, even when she is bossing them around, which is most of the time :) Lily really seems to have "grown-up" this summer. She is potty trained, she talks non-stop, she is trying desperately to give up her nap, and she walks around saying the funniest things! My current favorite is when she rattles off things she does not like. She'll say "Lily no like snakes, lizards, moths, ants, bees. I no like any of that stuff!" She ends with a dramatic head flip. so funny! She also says, about 300 times a day, "I do it all by myself!" Miss Lily will soon start ballet/tap class, mommy and me Chinese class, and maybe 2 mornings a week of preschool.....more on that later.

These photos are from our first few days in Maine. We had a long travel day but she was such a great traveler! She loved the airplane, even the tiny one we had to fly on (me, not so much!)We spent the week with her grandparents and Lily's nine year old cousin. We played on the beach, went on a sail boat, ate lobster and lots of homemade ice cream, and strolled around the darling towns of coastal Maine. It was a perfect week. oh, Lily did decide that she does not like crabs and lobster but she loved all of the beautiful and blooming flowers. The only thing that would have made it better is if Mike and the boys had come.

























more pictures to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment