Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year


Hello 2012! We are off to a fun start to the new year. Lots going on with Lily and family :)

In 2 weeks, Lily and I will be "preforming" with her 2 year old Chinese class. We'll be singing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes in Mandarin at our adoption agency's Chinese New Year celebration. Wish us luck! At the end of the month, Lily and I will be traveling to San Francisco for a long weekend to visit grandparents, and in early February, we'll be headed back to Vail for a ski weekend with family. She has yet to put on ski boots, our goal is just to get her to walk on the snow! Kind of funny considering we live in a snowy climate. She loves to look at the snow, but playing in it, so far, has been a no go!

Lily started speech therapy a month ago. It is going well and we just love her speech therapist. While not too far behind, she does need a little practice in a few areas, mostly with the ending of her words. Her vocabulary is exploding and she is consistently using three word phrases. It is amazing to watch her little mind work.

As juniors in HS, Peter and Will are at the place where we are involved in SAT and ACT classes and tests. We've looked at a few colleges that they are interested in. wow, hard to believe that next year they will be seniors in HS and getting ready to start the next phase of their life. It is difficult for me to think about them being gone, but at least it is still a year and a half away. Mike and I are taking bets as to if to they will end up at the same college....my guess is yes. (and I wouldn't be surprised if they were roomates, too!) Lily so loves her Pete and Woo!

I am going to attempt to blog more regularly.....all of my 2 blog readers might be happy about that! It is such a fun way to document things. I am in the process of printing out my blog from last year into a book. I need to finish Lily's adoption video, get my pictures organized, and work on her lifebook. My new camera has made me really want to take a photography class, too.

Hope everyone is off to a wonderful start to the new year. I can't imagine my life any other way then it is right now. Busy and often lacking in sleep, but perfect! Our little co-sleeper likes to flip and flop during the night. Waking up to her precious face just inches from mine is heavenly. The first thing I hear each morning is her sweet little voice enthusiastically saying, "hi mama"! God has blessed us so!

2 comments:

  1. She is toooo cute..
    and I am always reading..maybe not always comment cause sometimes it won't let me..
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y"all have a fun next couple of weeks planned! I want to see a video of "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes"!!

    ReplyDelete