Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas!

We've been so busy doing Christmas, that I have not had time to post! Christmas was everything that I had hoped it would be, and so much more. Lily was enchanted by all of it!

We had a wonderful 6 days in Vail with family. We returned home just in time for the Christmas festivities. Christmas eve we attended the Children's Mass at our church. It was so beautiful and so special.

Christmas eve, before the Children's Mass - no nap means tired baby!


Christmas morning arrived and I think I took about 300 photos or our girl!

looking in her stocking



seeing the rocking horse that Santa left under the tree


love that smile :)

watching her open presents was so much fun


she took her time unwrapping her gifts


all of her expression were priceless
   

trying on her new dress from her bebe
  
she loved this big stuffed penguin

the wooden cutting food was a big hit

more presents from family were opened later that evening 


modeling her new princess gown. Of course, it had to be pink!


she sat and played tea party before bed


 The next morning, Lily pulled a chair up close to the tree. She just sat and touched the sparkling ornaments. All of the gifts had been opened. The house had been tidied up. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I watched, and wondered what she might be thinking. My heart was so full in that moment, full of love, joy, peace and thankfulness. It was as if I was watching an angel. My angel.


 I know Christmas is so much more then presents. It is about a spirit of  love, a time when the love of God and our family and friends shine through everything we do

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. She certainly is an angel. I'm so glad that you got to celebrate Christmas together. Blessings

    ReplyDelete