Friday, April 15, 2011

A few thoughts....

This post is going to be all over the place.....

Someone is getting ready for mommy and baby swim class, and she looks a whole lot cuter in her bathing suit then her momma! She will be in the Tiny Bubbles class at The Star Fish Swim School - how adorable is that?!?




Yesterday, her daddy took us out to lunch. I had one of those moments. Five months ago, this baby girl was on the other side of the world. Miracles really do happen and dreams do come true. Watching her bloom and seeing her light shine is pure bliss. I cherish every single moment with her. My love for her is endless. I would wait a million years for the privilege of being her mother.

"Faith is what gets you started. Hope is what keeps you going. Love is what brings you to the end."
----Mother Angelica

Someone commented anonymously last night that I only post about the good stuff, that my blog is all sunshine and rainbows.(I deleted the post). This blog is about loving Lily. I won't apologize. This is it and this is real. My heart is full and my life is blessed. 

Maybe it is time to password protect my blog. I really don't think that I have that many readers, so I was surprised. There are a whole lot of adoption blogs out there that are a lot more interesting then mine. (And according to this person, more honest.) I will let you know if I do decide to make it private.

my sunshine

Have a happy and blessed weekend, filled with sunshine and rainbows! Lily and I are off to the Star Fish Swim school :) Life is good.

10 comments:

  1. She is getting cuter by the day! Don't let other people bother you, they should just mind their own business. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to read happy and loving thoughts.
    The person that posted that must have a miserable life if they can look at your beautiful little girl and think that life is not all sunshine and roses.
    Toni (mom to my own sunshine, Cole, adopted from Kaz)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you know that I am always here.. might not get here right away but will get here.. I want to follow along.. you keep me going ..
    Love ya..
    Hugz..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let one person influence you into doing something you don't want to do. I have gotten some really nasty comments but I just delete them and forget about them. Those people aren't worth your time. I love that you post such positive things. There is a lot of love in your life and it really shines through in your posts. Shame on someone for turning that into some thing negative.

    P.S. if you go private, I would love to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's ridiculous! If life is good...then why not post about it? It's your blog...post what you want!

    I love reading about how Lily is doing. If you do decide to go private, please remember to invite me along.

    Have a great time at swimming class. She looks absolutely adorable! (and I'm sure mommy looks fine, too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you deleted the negative post! I am also a proud momma of a Lily adopted from China and my blog is filled with sunshine and rainbows as well. That is what happens when you are able to see your Lily blossom in front of you with heaping doses of love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your posts! If they had blogs when I adopted I would be writing the same stories. I was over the moon with excitement. We are all so lucky these girls entered our life. Keep up the posts - it puts a smile on my face every time and brings back memories when my girls were small.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am always amazed when people (and they are always "anonymous" ) post such negative comments. this is YOUR blog! if they want to be all gritty and negative- let them do their own blog!

    :) just my cents!!!!
    ps-- she IS a cutie!!!!!
    pps- our son had croup-- i rec getting steroids (from Dr.) as his passed within 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea how I stumbled across your blog but I did! You daughter is beautiful. I went back and read from referral until your last post. Such a beautiful journey to your daughter and home. We have been home for 3 months with a little boy from China and I am head of heals in love and it has pretty much been a fairytale. So yes I am with the others post about how head over heals in love you are and how well you sweet girl is doing. Blessings
    Julie
    www.themcdonaldgangsjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just read this post Ashley. Please keep blogging, and who cares what the negative people say. I've also been told my blog is all sunshine and roses and not real life. I prefer not to blog about times when my children misbehave, that is my choice. I adore your blog and updates about your family and sweet Lily!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete