We had a pretty good snow fall earlier this week. The boys had a snow day on Monday, so they went skiing with friends. I bundled Lily up and took her out in the snow. She didn't love it, but she tolerated it. I think she would much rather watch the falling snowflakes from inside. Can't say that I blame her, it was cold! (But she did look adorable!)
Lily and I went to Pottary Barn Kids today. She really LOVES that store! She loves to look at the bird wall hangings, the whimsical artwork, the sparkley lamp shades and the butterfly mobiles. Needless to say, we bought a few new things for her room. Can't wait for big brothers to get home from school and start hanging things!
She continues to walk everywhere. No more crawling for her. And she has added two new words this week, Elmo and please. Elmo sounds more like "moh" and please sounds like "pah", but we get the point :)
A dear friend of mine gave Lily this sweet princess ride on car. At first, she loved it. But then I put in the batteries, and the princesses started to twirl. She was not pleased, at all. She cried and cried and shook her head no. I felt terrible. I put the car downstairs, under the pool table and out of sight. I went down there today to clean the guest room. She saw the car, and walked over to it. She pointed and made the sign for please. I reluctantly turned the switch to "on". For some reason, today she decided to closely examine those twirling princesses. Everytime they stopped twirling, she would point and sign please. I think she decided that they are not so bad after all.
Tomorrow she turns 18 months! It seems like just yesterday, I was looking at a photograph of a beautiful 13 month old baby girl, who was half a world away. So much has happened since August 14, 2010, the day I first laid my eyes on our Fan Fan. Mike still talks about the words that flew out of my mouth when I opened that email..."thank you God, it's her". Our precious and amazing daughter has changed our lives forever. We are blessed beyond measure.
let's give these princesses another try......
I guess they aren't so bad......
I do like to watch them twirl.....
wow, still twirling.......
not so bad after all.......
this is actually fun......
but, walking is more fun!
She does this expression often. It is so endearing to me. I would love to know what she is thinking....maybe wondering about those twirling princesses!





Ashley, I'm so happy she finally decided to like the twirling princesses...lol! What a cutie! and so stylin' in the pink polka dot sweater, leggings and skirt. She is delightful.
ReplyDeleteI love what you said when you first saw her face, my thoughts too when I saw Grace. I cried with joy because I already 'knew' her.
Happy 18th months to miss Lily!
love you,
Gail
Love the tutu!! Blessings
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL..
ReplyDeleteLove it..
Love those cute little outfits..
Have a great Sunday..
Love ya.