We had a quiet Mother's day. The weather was terrible! Cold rain mixed with snow, but no matter, I was filled with sunshine. Lily was as sweet as pie, wishing me a Happy Mother's day all day long. Her homemade gifts and cards were all I could ever want. There is something so deeply touching about getting those special treasures. At one point, she told me, "mommy, you win the best mommy in the whole wide world contest". Will was already home from college, and as we pulled up to the house from Mass, there was Peter. He was standing on our front porch, in the snow, waiting to surprise me. He had to leave that afternoon to return to school for a final but it was so sweet of him to make the trip home for the day. The only one missing was my oldest but he'll be leaving Toronto and coming home for three glorious weeks. June is going to be a great month :)
Lily has finished with her Chinese school, and has just one more week of preschool. Then it is on to her dance recital, swimming lessons, princess and gardening camp, and just enjoying the relaxing days of summer. I'm ready! But someone needs to tell Colorado weather that our pools are about to open. Aside from a few days, it's been a chilly spring.
There is something so wonderful about having all my kiddos under one roof. I love watching Lily with her big brothers. She adores them, and they her. She can also be quite bossy with them! Those big boys melt like butter for her. I do feel like the luckiest mommy in the whole wide world contest :)
A few pictures to add, things I don't want to forget. Lily loves picking dandelions for me. She thinks they are the most beautiful flower ever. I caught a picture of her lost in her magical princess world and she takes my breath away. She also had a royal tea party and Woody was her royal guest. She went to an exotic pet birthday party. She was only mildly interested until she saw a lizard that looked like Pascal from Tangled. She was then convinced that Rapunzel was going to make a grand entrance at any moment. She was quite disappointed, but the hedgehog was pretty cute. I snapped a cute picture of Lily and some of her 4 year old buddies on the last day of Chinese class. We share a very special bond with these girlies. Many of them have been going to class together since they were two. Love them and their mommies.
Finally, I love this picture of Lily and her Woo. Having big brothers home is the best. You get a lift through the parking lots!
So ready for summer :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment