Thursday, August 15, 2013

three years ago today.....

...we found out that this little miracle was going to be our daughter!


I remember it like it was yesterday. We waited a long time to finally see her face. When I opened that email and laid my eyes on her, I thought that I was going to melt.  I'd wait an eternity for her. Still, when I recall that moment, tears of joy stream down my face. There is nothing in this world I would not do for her. She has all of me.


She is an immeasurable blessing to our family. She is joy and love. She is sassy and determined (and sometimes a little bossy!) She is tenderhearted and sweet. She loves to cuddle. She asks for hugs and gives lots of kisses. She has the gift of empathy. She loves big!


She is such a princess! She calls her daddy her prince. When he comes home in the evening, she wants to dance with him. Her brothers tell her how beautiful she looks when she gets adorned in her princess clothes (which is every single day!). First thing in the morning, she puts on her jewelry. She loves lip gloss and pink nail polish. She calls Woody her royal pet! Her princess dolls and her favorite mickey's (daisy, donald, and minnie) are never far. She sleeps wrapped up in her beloved lovie and soft bunny. I tell her special things every night as she drifts off to sleep.

She is magical and beautiful, inside and out. The fact that I get to be her mommy leaves me breathless.

Love you to the moon and stars, Lily Fan. Forever and ever. (and she will say, "that's a lot of love!)

2 comments: