Friday, June 21, 2013

summertime and family time!

Summer is in full swing and I can already tell it is going to go by so fast. The last 4 weeks have been so busy and so fun! The twins graduation kicked things off and the visits from family has been such a blessing. Lily's ballet recital was the most adorable and memorable day, ever! Of course, I cried when she walked out on stage. She was so brave through the whole thing, and it was a big production. I had to drop her off backstage an hour before the two hour show even started. The only times I saw her was when she came out to preform (twice, once for tab and once for ballet). I video taped her dress rehearsal but I didn't get any still pictures. You will have to trust me when I saw it was precious! She "may have" stolen the show :) We had the BEST time with my sister and nephews from Texas!

Lily started swimming lessons and loves them. We go to our pool often and it has been hot, hot, hot! She is still so tiny in her 2T bathing suit! She's quite the glamour girl at the pool...she insists on sunglasses and a huge sun hat :) Next week, she is doing a week long princess camp with her friends from dance. She is over the moon excited! We've been to more restaurants in the last few weeks then I can count. She is asking Mike and I every night if we can go and eat out fancy!

Peter and Will are enjoying being graduates, hanging with their pals, mountain biking/rock climbing and working. I don't see too much of them, I guess I had better start getting used to that. August is looming for me. Just this morning I ordered all of their dorm room necessities.

Tyler has been home for a few weeks from the seminary. It does my heart so much good to spend time with him. He is like no other person I have ever met and I love him more then I can say. He's had such a wonderful time at home and has gotten to see so many family members. He's heading back to California as I type this and I already miss him already. It's like he takes a piece of me with him. One day, maybe I will share a story about how special he is, about how he saved my life before he was even born. God created him for amazing things and holy things! In August, he'll be leaving for Toronto, where he will continue his Masters level studies in theology. We are so proud of him and I am so blessed to be his mama!

Mike and the twins are in Wyoming for a weekend of fishing. I am going to catch my breath, enjoy some down time with Lily and clean my house. Almost time to start preparing for a special 4 year old birthday party!! The below pictures are not the best...I've been almost too busy for taking photos!

But, we are loving summer :)

Lily and her entourage

my sister and her boys from Texas to see Lily's recital

I am a happy mama!

Lily and her recital buddy - how cute are they?

trying to keep Lily still while waiting to leave for her recital

that ballet bun was stressful!

Will was feeding her a chocolate donut :)

flowers from daddy after the show

love this of Tyler and two visiting fellow seminarians in Vail

two of my most favorite people in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment