Lily snuggling her lovey
We are so so sad. A few days ago, Lily's beloved lovey, her "pinkie", was somehow, inexplicably lost. We have searched for endless hours over many days. It is simply gone. She is devastated. Nighttime is the worst. She calls out for it. She cries. She begs me to get it for her. My heart is broken for her.
I am putting this out there. It was a Gerber flannel burb cloth. Pale pink with multi colored hearts on it. I purchased it in 2010, right before we traveled to China. I never imagined that this is what she would ultimately choose as her lovey, but she did. She loved it so much. The pattern is discontinued. Maybe, just maybe, someone has one laying around.
I have checked ebay and craigslist. I contacted Gerber and they searched their warehouse. So far, one has not been found. We have several other blankets that she likes, but nothing as comforting as "pinkie". I'm praying that I will somehow be able to find a replacement.





Oh, I am heart broken for her. I know how much a Lovey means. I am paranoid about losing Chloe's. Chloe fell in love with hers in China also even though we have similar "wubba's" nothing else is quite the same.
ReplyDeleteGood luck I hope you find one!
Hi, just found your blog and was reading my way down and had to comment on this post. I picked up a 99cent blanket from the clearance rack of target 2 days before we left for China and it became my daughters lovey. We lost it in the UK a few years back :( Thankfully she had 3.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you found a replacement and I hope you still manage to get hold of another one.
I have a Lily also....mines big now, 10.