Monday, November 21, 2011

so thankful for her.....

There are so many things that Lily says and does that we find so endearing. Having a toddler again is so much fun! She is like a bright ray of sunshine, every single day!




She knows the difference between having one of something and having two. She now always wants two..........2 cookies, 2 crackers, 2 crayons, one for each hand, right?.....If I surprise her and give her more then two, she will giggle at me and say "lots", with a big smile on her face.



She LOVES horses. She calls them "doos". She has one pair of pink pj's that has "doos" on them. It is the only pair she will wear. I must get another pair, or three, of "nigh nigh doo's"! 



Another one of her favorite things is a bottle of pink nail polish. When misplaced, we are all scrambling to find it! She knows the color pink. She points to anything pink and says "peek". We paint her toes pink, often, and at her request!


For the past year, she has called her brothers "ge ge". About 2 weeks ago, she walked into Peter's room and loudly announced "Pete". Clear as a bell! She cannot say Will, but she now calls him "Woo". All day long, I hear her say "Pete and Woo". It's so adorable!


She is very aware if something is broken, or "broke", as she says it. She also thinks "Pete or Woo" can fix anything. Every night we read Goodnight Moon. On the pages that show a half moon, she thinks the moon is 'broke". She also thinks "Pete and Woo" should fix it for her. If they could, they would, I am sure :) 


I can't wait to hear what she is going to say next. It fascinates me, what goes on in that precious little head of hers. She has the memory of an elephant. Little daily events leave a lasting impression on her. She has a heart of pure gold, and she shares it with us every day! What a gift and what a blessing, to share this life with her. For everything that she is, I am so very thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love love reading about your girly girl!!
    What a sweetheart. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving Ashley and family!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this girl! I love hearing the precious things she does and says. This tutu is the best too! So glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete