Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lily's first day of school!

So Fun!!

Lily and I are doing a mom and tot Chinese class! Today was our first class and she did so well. I am so fortunate to live just 15 minutes away from our adoption agency (Chinese Children Adoption International) and their Joyous Chinese Cultural Center. This center provides so many wonderful ways to keep Lily active in learning about her culture.  This class is a mixture of Mandarin Chinese lessons, songs, interactive movement, games and art projects. I will be learning right along side of Lily!

Her class is for 2-3 three year olds, and their parents. We sang some songs, learned how to say "zao shang hao" (good morning), and did some arts and crafts. Lily was a little shy at first, but she was so good about following directions and listening to her teacher. It is also a great way for her to socialize with some little friends her same age. I am so very proud of her!

Here are a few photos from this morning. She and I will attended class every Wednesday morning from now until May. I can't wait to see how much she grows.









When I look at these pictures of our precious girl, it is hard to believe that it was just 10 months ago that we came home from China. Exactly one year ago today, we received our Letter of Acceptance from China to bring Lily home. Blessings abound and God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your site though Henan kids. It is precious and Lily is GORGEOUS!! Look at that smile!! We will be traveling soon (awaiting our TA) for our daughter in Nanyang. Elis Rey Yu (Dang Hong Yu) was born July 13, 2010. We can't wait to meet her.

    I read through some of your posts and the one about her recent birthday really spoke to me. When you talked about letting a balloon fly into the sky, and thinking thoughts of Lily's "China mama"... was very sweet. I think of Elis Rey's China mama often. Just recently, I started praying for her in a new way. The Lord put this on my heart. "Lord, I know we won't meet Elis Rey's birthmom here in our lifetime. So I petition you...draw her to you!! Let her, somehow, be exposed to your Truth and enter into a relationship with you. That way, one day, we can meet this woman who gave us the most precious gift and Elis Rey can be reunited in fullness - with both moms." I pray this every day...that her birthmom would find a saving knowledge of Christ. Anyways...just had to share. :)

    Blessings,
    Leah Sweet
    www.thesweetfamilylife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete