This is the birthdate given to our precious baby girl, Lily Fan. Today, we are celebrating her 2nd birthday! It is her first birthday home with her family. Last year, we were matched with her just weeks after her first birthday. I hope her nannies marked the day in some special way for her. What a difference a year makes!
Happy Birthday, my precious baby girl. Oh, how I love you!
And for just a brief moment, I find myself wondering....thinking about this day and wondering if this is the actual day that she was born. Her date of birth was estimated, so this is the day that was chosen as her birthday.
Does the actual date really matter? My heart says absolutely not! We are celebrating the joy that is Lily! Her light and her love that are so magical! We are celebrating her!
Will it one day matter to her? I don't know.
I cannot put into words what these past 8 months of loving Lily Fan has been like. My world has changed and it will never be the same. Mike, the boys and I were given such a precious gift. Lily is unique and beautiful, funny and clever, curious and silly, sweet and sassy, loving and tender. My days are filled with her, and yet I can't ever get enough of her. She is my everything. She is my forever.
We had a small family party for her today. She got presents! A play kitchen, princess dress up clothes, and puzzles. She had a yummy cake. We decorated with balloons and pink roses. We will have another celebration in a few weeks when we are on vacation with family. Lots of people who love her will celebrate with her.
This evening we released a balloon into the night sky in honor of her birthmother, or her China mama as I refer to her in our prayers. Is she thinking about this precious child? Does she realize what a cherished gift she bestowed on us? Does she know that she is safe and warm? Does she know how fully and completely Zheng Fan is loved?
It is my deepest wish that she does somehow know these things. It is something that I pray for. Some things transcend all reason and understanding. This is one of those things. I trust God is showing his graces to those who have loved this baby girl.
So, here she is, our birthday girl, celebrating being 2 years old! Our beautiful and so loved Lily Fan!
Happy Birthday, baby. We love you !





Seeing Lily so loved and celebrated brings tears to my eyes... everything you said was beautiful and I felt like you said everything I have been thinking. These girls are such a treasure and bring more joy than I could have ever imagined. Happy, Happy day sweet Lily Fan!! We love you.
ReplyDelete