Friday, July 1, 2011

bubbles and waffles.....and not a lot of sleep

Lily said these two new words yesterday. Clear as a bell. And waffles is no easy word for an almost 2 year old, is it?

her laugh is enchanting

thrilled to be wearing her brothers shoes

She loves to watch a few minutes of Clifford

We've had a relaxing week, just taking it easy at home. She hasn't been sleeping well for the past six nights. She goes to sleep peacefully, but wakes up throughout the night, so upset. She isn't sick, but maybe teething? Is she remembering something? Is she afraid? My thoughts swirl and I hurt for her. I've spent my nights rocking and snuggling her. She loves when I gently rub her back. She is quite happy to sleep on me, so that is what we do. Whatever she needs, I will provide. This brave and loving baby girl will not face anything alone. I would move mountains and chase wild tigers for her. She has me to hold her through the night, and when she wakes she will find that she is safe in my arms. 

And then she can say things like "bubbles and waffles", laugh out loud and shine brighter then the stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment