Tuesday, May 31, 2011

summertime!

School is out and the warm temperatures have arrived. After a cold and damp May, I am so ready for sundresses and afternoons at the pool, flip flops and popsicles in the back yard. Memorial  Day weekend was fun and relaxing, as the boys had just finished finals. Never again do I have to say "get off Facebook and study your Latin!" - they are all done with that HS foreign language requirement (woohoo). Mike and the boys spent a few days fly fishing in Wyoming, while Lily and I made the rounds at several graduation parties. We've taken Woody for long walks to his favorite stream and gone out for ice cream cones after dinner (she likes vanilla). Lily is staying up a little later and sleeping in a little longer.....it really is starting to feel like summer. We have trips to take and people to visit. This is going to be a blessed summer, in so many ways, and I am so very thankful for all of it.

Here are a few photos from the past few days. My little darling continues to have a serious dislike of the camera, so this is all I've got. I hope everyones summer is off to a wonderful start :)









Then followed that beautiful season.....summer.....filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape lay as if created in all the freshness of childhood.
------Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

4 comments:

  1. hopped on over from HKI. :) Lily is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She gets more beautiful with every post, Ashley! Happy it's starting to feel like Summer where you live. (It finally is here too).
    I imagine like me, you'll welcome the slower pace to your days. And waking up a little later. :)

    big hugs to you,

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is tooooo cute..
    Love the photos..
    Enjoy summer my friend..
    Hugz..

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! Glad it starting to feel like summer. We are still getting teased here. It will warm up for a day or two then get cold and rain,rain, rain.

    ReplyDelete