mama.....such a sweet sounding word, especially when it is coming from my precious daughter. Lily calls me mama. When she sees me, she'll say it. See has been doing this for a while now. Sometimes, she will pat me on my back and say it. What is so sweet is that now I am hearing her say it when she isn't looking directly at me. I'll hear her say it through the monitor when she is in her crib. She has recently started saying it when she sees things that she associates with me. For instance, my coat, my shoes, my sweater, and my purse all get called "mama". I drink a lot of tea, so she now calls the tea bags, "mama". She has started to pretend play with her baby dolls. She will get a bottle and feed her babies, sweetly saying "mama" as she plays.
And not to leave dad out, she does call him dada....his shoes, too!
walking around this morning with my tea bags....."mama"
yes, she does fill our world with love and light. We've been home 3 months and I cannot imagine spending a single second without her. To be her mama, is pure joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment