Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Lily Fan!!

On Sunday, Lily turned 4 years old! I am not kidding when I say that she has been talking about turning 4 since Christmas! It was all about the birthday party for her....the cake, the candles, the balloons, the decorations, and her sweet friends. She was thrilled the day we went to the post office to mail her party invitations. And of course, Belle. She knew princess Belle was coming to her party. Almost daily, she would tell us, "the REAL Belle and not pretend Belle is coming to my party."

She woke up in our bed and we sang happy birthday. We gave her a small princess doll and a necklace that she got to open early. She was thrilled but true to her loving spirit, she never asked for another present, all day. Even when her friends arrived, holding beautiful birthday bags, she was most excited to have them in her home and give them a hugs. We placed her gifts on the kitchen table and it was right before bedtime, after we reminded her that they were there, that she opened them. Everything was pink and sparkly and princessey, so she went to bed a very happy little four year old.

The below picture is probably my most favorite picture of the day. Her party didn't begin until three, but we set the party table that morning. I am not kidding when I say that she patiently sat at the head of that table for three hours! She lined up some of her favorite princesses and dolls, and told them that the party would be soon and that her friends were almost at her house. It completely melted me.


Of course, meeting Belle was a highlight of her day. Belle arrived with a doll, which she gave Lily as soon as she got here. She sang, played games, danced, read a story, painted the girls with fairy dust and sat for photos. She made sure to make Lily feel so special. And she did. She was just beaming all afternoon. She was the sweetest little guest of honor and Mike and I were so incredibly proud of her. We wanted it to be a magical day for Lily, and I'm pretty sure it was. I'd give her the moon, if that's what she wanted. She is so treasured and so loved and such a gift to us.

Before I post way too many pictures, I must post about the cake. I paid way to much for a pink castle cake. I sent Mike to pick it up. That didn't go very well and one side it sort of fell apart! Lily took one look at it and said, " oh that cake is so beautiful". As we set the cake down in front of her to blow out the candles, she picked up her fork and dug right into the middle of it, looking happy as a lark with her pink frosting smile.

She is so excited to be four. She keeps asking us to tell her all of the things that she can do, now that she is four. When I was putting her to bed that night, we were talking about her day. I loved hearing her tell me all about it, through her eyes. She concluded by saying, "I don't want to always be a big girl. Sometimes I want to still be a little girl". I hugged her tight and assured her that no matter how old she is, she will always be my baby girl.

pictures from her party :)












  




  






Happy Birthday Lily Fan. We love you to the moon and the stars!!

3 comments:

  1. I can see why you love that first photo as she patiently waited for the party to start!! 4 is one of my favorite ages and I know Lily will wear it well...what a sweet little girl she is.
    Love her expressions with Belle, too.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious day for your sweet baby!!! LOVE her party~ can tell she had a beautiful time!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is truly a little girl's dream come true! What a special girl and a special day to celebrate her.

    ReplyDelete