It's official. My baby boys have graduated from high school. wow, that happened fast. Everyone said it would, and they were right!
We began the week on Saturday when my parents flew in for the festivities. (Lily napped for four hours that day, which made me think she was coming down with something. Unfortunately, I was right. She felt lousy all week, so no photos of our happy girl) We had a graduation party for Peter and Will on Sunday evening. It was a wonderful mix family, dear old friends who have known the boys since they were little, new friends whom we adore, great neighbors and of course, many excited teenagers who were about to graduate. I was so busy that I didn't take any photos of the actual party, but trust me, it was a huge success!
Tuesday was Peter and Will's birthday. We took them to a favorite restaurant on Monday night. We had a private room and the food was delicious. Lily actually perked up a little bit that evening and sang happy birthday when the waiter brought out the cake. Tuesday we baked a cake and had a fun dinner at home. There may have been some champagne served :)
Finally, it was graduation day!! It started very early Wednesday morning. The boys had to be there at 7 am, we arrived at 7:30 and the ceremonies began at 8 am. Cute story.... Lily saw the boys getting dressed in their caps and gowns and wanted to know why they were wearing costumes :) It was a gorgeous morning, clear blue skies and those beautiful snow covered mountains in the distance. I have so many photos! (but I'll only post a few) It was really moving when we could see all of the graduates lined up and entering the stadium (I may have gotten a tiny bit emotional during that part). The student speeches were really impressive and when a quartet of girls sang the song "Home", my sentimental side started to show. I loved the end when they announced to the students to move the tassels on their caps to the other side, signifying that they had graduated. Loud applause, then those caps went flying!! Congratulations, class of 2013!!
about to begin the March Processional
Presentation of the senior class of 2013
it was a little long for our jellybean
Will, best friend Conner, Peter
we LOVE our graduates!
Peter and his girlfriend, Reagan. They are going to the same college :)
no smiles from our girl, but she loves her big boys!
Will and Peter with proud grandparents
Happy Birthday Pete and Woo! Congratulations Graduates! We love you!!





Congratulations to your boys! How exciting!
ReplyDelete