Monday, April 15, 2013

my graduates and their baby sister

In 4 weeks, these two amazing boys will graduate from high school. I really can't believe it! I know everyone says so, but those high school years really do go by so fast. And they change so much. I was looking at photos last night of them as freshman, and getting very sentimental. They were handsome and adorable, but they still looked like boys. Over the weekend, we had a photography session done with Peter and Will. I haven't seen all the pictures, these were just a sneak peak. Be still my heart! When I saw these pictures, it really struck me how they are truly becoming young men. Young men that I am so proud of and love beyond words. August is going to be a bittersweet month. Going to college is such a big step in life and I am so excited for them. But I am going to miss them so much! I get teary just thinking about it. Yes, they will come back, but I know from experience with my oldest, it is never quite the same. They will both be taking a piece of my heart with them.

Something I have not written much about is their love for their baby sister. They embrace her with all of their hearts. Lily came home when they were sophomores in high school. To say it was a change to their world would be an understatement. They learned how to become a little more independent and take on a few more responsibilities. They learned to share me and they understood that Lily's needs, a lot of the time, had to come first. They never complained that I am, at times, distracted and busy. They rose to the occasion in a very big way. They are sweet and silly with Lily, always eager to tease their baby sister. They play princesses with her and sit through an episode of Dora with her on their lap.They teach her things like how to fist pump and bear hug. They are fiercely protective of her. And they love her goodnight hugs and kisses. She's going to miss them too. It will be an adjustment for all of us. I hope they know how proud I am of them. I'm pretty certain they do :)

Miss Lily was included in the photo session, but she was less then pleased. It was chilly and windy, neither of which is to her liking. My photographer said she got some great shots of the three of them together so I'm looking forward to seeing them all.

Will

Peter

Lily
I am one blessed momma!

and yes, I still tell the boys, like I do Lily, that I love them to the moon and the stars. You never get too grown up for that!

2 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous photos of your beautiful kids! Time passes so quickly. Blessings to your boys as they graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What an exciting moment in your families life. The boys are so handsome.

    ReplyDelete