Well, my little jelly bean qualified for continued speech therapy, so we are faced with a decision. To send her to preschool or not. I am so torn. I had never planned on sending her as a three year old (her birthday is soon!) If she is to continue to receive speech services through our school district, it will be done in preschool, not our home. I think she might really enjoy preschool. She LOVES being around other children. I'm just not sure she understands that I won't be there with her. If she is to go, she would be in a young 3 program and attend just two morning a week, for 2.5 hours. She would be in a classroom with eleven other three year olds and 3-4 teachers. I have met the team of teachers and do really like them. The classroom is friendly and inviting. We may give it a try. I am comforted by the fact that I do not have to send her (we can do private speech). I can try it and pull her if I feel like it isn't working. I wish this was an easy decision for me but I am really struggling with it. Honestly, I don't want to send her, but if she likes it and it is good for her, both socially and emotionally, I think that I have to give it a try. It keeps me up at night, though. She is still such a tender hearted little thing. .The start date is August 21. My heart says no but my head says maybe......
In the meantime, we'll enjoy summer. We have the 4th, a trip to the east coast and a birthday to look forward to :)
I took these pictures yesterday evening. Lily was hanging outside with the teenagers. I thought she looked so grown -up, yet she still wanted her lovie and bottle with her. It was adorable :)
No comments:
Post a Comment