Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trying to stay busy

So, what have I been doing to keep my mind of the wait for LOA and TA? It's not been very easy to focus on much else these days. Her care package was sent last Friday and I pray it finds it way to her. My agency has requested updates on her, so getting those would be an answer to a prayer. I went with Mike to get his second round of shot yesterday (I've already had all of mine). I've started putting together a packing list and on Saturday went shopping for some of the practical things. I joined the yahoo group for her orphanage and have been learning as much as I can about Zhengzhou City. I had no idea the population of Henan was almost 100 million people.

The boys are busy with school, and I've been trying to volunteer as much as possible, because I'll have to give that up as we get closer to travel (my agnecy is still saying 8-12 weeks - come on LOA!) Football is underway, so my Saturday's will be filled with watching Peter play. Mike and the boys have a weekend fly fishing trip planned. Woody, my wonderful labrador, keeps me busy too. He is very curious as to what is happening inside that pink room! I wish that I could sleep better at night, but it is just not happening.

To say that I feel blessed is an understatement. After waiting so many years for this......it's a miracle and a dream come true. And I can't help myself, I'm posting her picture at the top again!

3 comments:

  1. Love this post Ashley, you are getting so much done. I'm impressed! Ask me any packing questions you may have in the future.

    And keep putting up that picture of your beauty. I never tire of seeing her face.

    Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how you are feeling...
    I can't wait to go through this.
    You can post her photo as many times as u want..
    HUgz..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash,
    We have been home one week with Sophie and even through the grieving, fits, and bursts of anger that Sophie is experiencing I have never been more blessed! I can't wait for you to travel to China and get that precious baby and be home with her! I am so happy for you!
    Blessings,
    Tammy
    (ourchinagiftfromgod.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete